Chinese language 2
The aim of the course is to master the Chinese to the extent that one can use it for simple conversation, to read and write about 400 most common Chinese chatracters and to use Chinese character and word dictionaries.
- describe some important facts concerning chinese culture and history
- recognize the structure of chinese sentences
- compose short texts in Chinese
- apply Chinese knowledge for simple necessary communication
- apply different methods of searching characters in dictionaries and on internet
- analyze and translate simple chinese texts using dictionaries and internet resources
Forms of Teaching
the lectures consist of translating texts , explaining grammar and practicing ithe use of computers in learning and translationExams
regularly school assignments, knowledge testsExercises
phonetic exercises each weekConsultations
Each week after lessons consultationsE-learning
Chinese course Growing up with Chinese " 成长汉语" on chinese television CCTV
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||20 %||0 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||50 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Short survey of chinese history. States and dynasties in China. Verbs and extended verbs phrases (1).
- Short survey of chinese culture. Adverbs and their categories, characteristics of adverbs. Verbs and extended verbs phrases (2). Translation: Idiom Stories (1)
- Short survey of chinese philosophy.Confucianism. Prepositions and verbs. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Confucius' quotations. Examples of sentences with suffixes le and guo. Translation: Idiom Stories (2)
- Mencius' quotations. Examples of sentences with resultative structures and potential suffixes. Translation: Idiom Stories (3).
- Chinese chess xiangqi. Questions and question words in extended sentences. Translation: Idiom Stories (4).
- Location, directional movement. Setences examples. Translation: Idiom Stories (5).
- Extended sentences with bǎ constructions. Translation: Idiom Stories (6).
- Extended sentences with comparisons. Translation: Idiom Stories (7).
- Phrase and clause connection 1. Translation from Chinese to Croatian and vice versa.
- Phrase and clause connection 2. Translation from Chinese to Croatian and vice versa.
- About classical Chinese. Several classical aphorisms
- About classical chinese poetry. Some short poems.
- Knowledge test
- Knowledge test