Access Telecommunication Networks
- recognize different levels of access telecommunication networks
- reproduce characteristics of access telecommunication network technologies
- apply channel models to determine transmission performances
- analyze signal transmission through communication channels
- create models of access networks and channels
- reproduce basic characteristics of communication protocols used in access telecommunication networks
- calculate basic performances of fiber optics links
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are held in two hour units.Seminars and workshops
Themes are assigned to students, they have to elaborate it and present the results on one of the lectures.
Week by Week Schedule
- Access network modelling and architectures.
- Digital subscriber line technologies (xDSL).
- Digital subscriber line technologies (xDSL); Seminar.
- Passive optical networks.
- Passive optical networks; Seminar.
- Wireless access technologies and networks (WiMax).
- Wireless access technologies and networks (WiMax); Seminar.
- Midterm exam.
- Medium access control protocols.
- Multiple access techniques.
- Multiple access techniques; Medium access control protocols; Seminar.
- Channel modeling in access networks.
- Simulation of data transmission and performance calculation.
- Simulation of data transmission and performance calculation; Seminar.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Alen Bažant et al. (2004.), Osnovne arhitekture mreža, Element
Alen Bažant et al. (2007.), Telekomunikacije: tehnologija i tržište, Elelement
Steven Gorshe, Arvind Raghavan, Stefano Galli, Thomas Starr (2014.), Broadband Access, John Wiley & Sons
L0 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory