Access Telecommunication Networks
Architecture of access telecommunication networks. Communication technologies used for data transmission in access networks. Modeling of communication channel on wireline and wireless data links. Protocols used on a data link layer in access networks. Multiple media access. Quality of service in access networks. Basics of access network planning.
- Recognize different levels of access telecommunication networks.
- Reproduce characteristics of access telecommunication network technologies.
- Apply channel models to determine network transmission performance.
- Analyze signal transmission through communication channels.
- Create models of access networks for various purposes.
- Analyze the basic performance of communication protocols used in access telecommunication networks.
- Calculate the basic performance of optical links.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are held in two hour units.Seminars and workshops
Themes are assigned to students, they have to elaborate it and present the results on one of the lectures.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Attendance||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||100 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Access network modelling and architectures
- Digital subscriber line technologies (xDSL)
- Digital subscriber line technologies (xDSL), Seminar
- Passive optical networks
- Passive optical networks, Seminar
- Wireless access technologies and networks (WiMax)
- Wireless access technologies and networks (WiMax), Seminar
- Midterm exam
- Medium access control protocols
- Multiple access techniques
- Multiple access techniques, Medium access control protocols, Seminar
- Channel modeling in access networks
- Simulation of data transmission and performance calculation
- Simulation of data transmission and performance calculation, Seminar
- Final exam
[FER3-HR] Network Science - profileElective Courses (2. semester) Elective Courses of the Profile (2. semester)
[FER2-HR] Telecommunication and Informatics - profileSpecialization Course (2. semester)
Alen Bažant et al. (2004.), Osnovne arhitekture mreža, Element
Alen Bažant et al. (2007.), Telekomunikacije: tehnologija i tržište, Elelement
Steven Gorshe, Arvind Raghavan, Stefano Galli, Thomas Starr (2014.), Broadband Access, John Wiley & Sons
L1 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
70 Very Good