Good understanding of the sources and classes of the risks. Basic knowledge of the norms and regulations in the security area. Good understanding of the alarm design and installation principles for the anti burglar alarm systems, fire alarm systems and the access control systems. Practical skills to implement alarm system.
- describe the procedure of the alarm system design
- identify the elements of anti burglar and fire alarm system
- explain the principles of alarm system functioning
- use the elements of the anti burglar system
- analyze the protection system
- model the protection system by the diagram
- design the ant burglary system
- estimate the numerical vulnerability assessment of the facility
Forms of Teaching
Two hours lecture per weekExams
Laboratory exercises test Midterm exam Final exam in written form Oral final examLaboratory Work
Laboratory exercises consist of 5 exercises. Each exercise is worth 3 points for the laboratory work and writen report from laboratory exercise.Consultations
After each lectureInternship visits
Excursion to company for design and instalation of the alarm systems
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||50 %||15 %||0 %||5 %|
|Homeworks||50 %||15 %||0 %||5 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||50 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||25 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||20 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||40 %|
|Exam: Oral||50 %|
It is necessary to complete all laboratory exercises and homework for taking the final exam
Week by Week Schedule
- Topics overview, literature, undertaking of teaching and exams. Sources and classification of the risks
- Qualitative assesment of vulnerability to intrusion
- Numerical estimate of adversary sequence interruption
- Classification and management of the protection
- Anti burglar alarm systems External sensors of the anti burglar alarm systems
- Internal sensors of the anti burglar alarm systems
- Video supervision.
- Midterm exam.
- Access control systems
- Fire alarm systems. Smoke and fire detectors.
- Vulnerability analysis of the protection system using methods based on ASD diagrams
- Alarm and surveillance centers.
- Explosion protection systems and Ex equipment
- Norms and regulations
- Final exam