Agile Development of digital platforms using microservices
Students will gain basic knowledge about microservices and their connection to the concept of agility in software development. Through practical work, they will learn to use containers in creating a simple API using DevOps practice and CI / CD pipeline, with continuous management, monitoring, and testing. In addition, during the lecture, an example of a specific platform will be used to explain the concept of platforms and their importance from the business side.
- Explain the concept of digital platform and its meaning from the business side.
- Define agile software development and prerequisites for it.
- Understand the difference between monolithic and microservice architecture and recognize their areas of application.
- Manage containers and configure Kubernetes cluster.
- Understand CI / CD pipeline and automate delivery.
- Explain the importance of security and access in the context of API management.
- Monitor the implemented API functions.
- Test microservices.
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction to digital platforms.
- Agile software development: - the meaning of the term agile; - software architectures.
- Microservices: - patterns; - the link between microservice and agile development.
- 1. homework. Containers: - Docker; - Kubernetes.
- 2. homework. DevOps and continuous integration.
- Continuous delivery: - delivery with pipeline; - delivery automation.
- 3. homework. API management: - security; - access; - API orchestration.
- 4. homework. Testing microservices: - connecting CI/CD pipelines; - iterating and bug fixes.
- Recapitulation of what has been learned.
[FER3-HR] Computing - studySkills (5. semester) Skills (5. semester)
[FER3-HR] Computing - studySkills (3. semester)
[FER3-HR] Electrical Engineering and Information Technology - studySkills (1. semester) (3. semester)
[FER3-HR] Information and Communication Technology - studySkills (1. semester) (3. semester)
Sam Newman (.), Building Microservices, O'Reilly, 2nd Edition
Christian Horsdal Gammelgaard (.), Microservices in .NET, Manning, Second Edition
Dave Harrison, Knox Lively (.), Achieving DevOps: A Novel About Delivering the Best of Agile, DevOps, and Microservices, Apress
Hugo Filipe, Oliveira Rocha (.), Practical Event-Driven Microservices Architecture: Building Sustainable and Highly Scalable Event-Driven Microservices, Apress
Geoffrey G Parker, Marshall W Van Alstyne, Sangeet Paul Choudary (.), Platform Revolution, W. W. Norton & Company
L0 English Level
34 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory