Agile Development of digital platforms using microservices
Data is displayed for academic year: 2022./2023.
Students will gain basic knowledge about microservices and their connection to the concept of agility in software development. Through practical work, they will learn to use containers in creating a simple API using DevOps practice and CI / CD pipeline, with continuous management, monitoring, and testing. In addition, during the lecture, an example of a specific platform will be used to explain the concept of platforms and their importance from the business side.
[FER3-HR] Computing - studySkills (5. semester) Skills (5. semester)
[FER3-HR] Computing - studySkills (3. semester)
[FER3-HR] Electrical Engineering and Information Technology - studySkills (1. semester) (3. semester)
[FER3-HR] Information and Communication Technology - studySkills (1. semester) (3. semester)
- Explain the concept of digital platform and its meaning from the business side.
- Define agile software development and prerequisites for it.
- Explain the differences between monolithic and microservice architecture and recognize their areas of application.
- Operate containers and configure Kubernetes cluster.
- Analyze elements of CI/CD pipeline.
- Explain the importance of security and access in the context of API management.
- Apply monitoring the implemented API functions.
- Develop tests for microservices.
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction to digital platforms.
- Agile software development: - the meaning of the term agile; - software architectures.
- Microservices: - patterns; - the link between microservice and agile development.
- 1. homework. Containers: - Docker; - Kubernetes.
- 2. homework. DevOps and continuous integration.
- Continuous delivery: - delivery with pipeline; - delivery automation.
- 3. homework. API management: - security; - access; - API orchestration.
- 4. homework. Testing microservices: - connecting CI/CD pipelines; - iterating and bug fixes.
- Recapitulation of what has been learned.
Sam Newman (2021.), Building Microservices, "O'Reilly Media, Inc."
Christian Gammelgaard (2021.), Microservices in .NET, Second Edition, Simon and Schuster
Dave Harrison, Knox Lively (2019.), Achieving DevOps, Apress
Hugo Filipe Oliveira Rocha (2021.), Practical Event-Driven Microservices Architecture, Apress
Geoffrey G. Parker, Marshall W. Van Alstyne, Sangeet Paul Choudary (2016.), Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economyand How to Make Them Work for You, W. W. Norton & Company
L0 English Level
34 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory