Analog and Mixed Signal Processing
Acquiring the basic knowledge on signal properties, and signal processing concepts. Understanding the principles and drawbacks of amplifier circuits Ability to design linear and nonlinear circuits with operational amplifiers. Understanding the properties filtering processes. Ability to analyse and design passive and active filters. Ability to design selective and coupled amplifiers. Understanding the principles for design circuits for signal conversion, modulation and detection.
- Explain the concept of mixed-signal processing and give examples of mixed signal processing systems
- Identify static and dynamic limitations of operational amplifiers
- Analyze and realize linear and nonlinear circuits with operational amplifiers
- Define transfer properties of filter circuits according to given specifications.
- Design and realize passive and active electrical filters.
- Apply optimal components and configurations for realization of signal processing circuits.
- Use SC components in discrete and analog signal processing.
- Apply CAD and CAA programs for realization procedure of circuits.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are continuously held 2 hours per weekExams
Midterm and final examExercises
Exercizes are continuously held 1hour per week
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||50 %||20 %||50 %||20 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||50 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||20 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||20 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||60 %|
|Exam: Oral||20 %|
Possible changes in scoring and grading will be announced on the first lecture.
Week by Week Schedule
- Signal spectra for causal and real signals, Ideal Signal Transmission; Linear and Nonlinear Distorsions
- Amplifiers with real integrated circuits. Basic realizations. Static and dynamic properties. Nonidealities, signal slope, Current Feedback;DC and AC amplifiers. Transconductance Amplifiers
- Linear circuits: adder, subtractor, differentiator, integrator. Impedance transformation Circuits;Inductance Simulations
- Nonlinear circuits;Comparators;Limiters;Nonlinear Feedback
- Nonlinear circuits: log amplifiers, antilog amplifiers, signal multipliers.
- Filters;Classification. Transfer function, Amplitude, Phase and Group Delay;
- Aproximations: Butterworth, Chebyshev, Cauer, linear phase i group delay, Bessel approximation, equiripple phase
- Passive RC and RLC filters. Active RC Filters
- Active RC Filters with transconductance amplifiers , fully balanced filters. High-order Filters
- Selective and Coupled amplifiers. Analogne sklopke i multiplekseri, modeli, pogreške, preslušavanje
- SC Circuits for Signal Processing. Application of SC to Filters, Transducers, Modulators
- PLL, AD, DA conversion, Sigma-Delta Converters
- VLSI Signal Processing Circuits. CAD and CAA programs
- Final exam