Social Aspects of Computer-Mediated Communication
Knowledge of internet/web technologies and their potential for interpersonal, marketing and mass communication, as well as for the design of e-services. Understanding of theoretical basis for the use of the internet/web for interpersonal communication, as well as for interaction with business partners. The skills for development of personal e-portfolio and use of the e-portfolio system for online presentation of content.
- recognize the specific characteristics of the internet/web as a medium in relation to other interpersonal and mass communication media
- apply in practice the theoretical models of computer-mediated communication with the use of Internet/web and use them for critical analysis of related phenomena and processess
- apply the theoretical models of computer-mediated communication for the design of websites that will be usable and attractive for users
- analyze the advantages of the internet/web as a mass medium and use them for the creation of online content and services
- evaluate the disadvantages of the internet as a communication medium as well as the types of behavior of users that endanger their privacy and security
- apply the skills for searching the resources on the internet, online databases, and other sources of scientific and technological information in the field of computer-mediated communication
- synthesize and combine various theoretical models in the field of computer-mediated communication and related diciplines to evaluate and create commertial online products and web sites
- estimate and improve personal self-presentation on official web pages, e-portfolio profiles and social networks
Forms of Teaching
Lecturing and content in the online course and Moodle system. First cycle is comprised of 7 weeks of lecturing and mid-term exam, and the second cycle is comprised of 6 weeks of lecturing and final exam.Exams
Tests with multiple choice questions.Consultations
Consultation with the teacher is organized in lecturing weeks after the lecture.Seminars
Seminars that are submitted online with the use of Moodle LMS.E-learning
Individual work with the e-learning course, as well as creation of content with the use of an e-portfolio system.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||4 %||0 %||4 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||8 %||0 %||8 %|
|Attendance||0 %||3 %||0 %||3 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||20 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||20 %||45 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||85 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction to computer-mediated communication. Resources from the literature on computer-mediated communication.
- The characteristics of the internet as communication medium. Model of competence in computer-mediated communication.
- Skills in computer-mediated communication.
- Theories of internet use as a mass medium. Model sklonosti internetu kao masovnom mediju.
- The advantages and disadvantages of the internet as a mass medium. The comparison of the internet with other mass media.
- Scientific and technological information on the internet/web. Online databases with scientific and professional content.
- Mid-term examination.
- Communication aspects of multimedia and website design.
- E-service quality and the design of a commercial website.
- Customer relationship management and corporate websites.
- E-portfolio sustavi i samoprezentacija na e-portfoliju i društvenim mrežama.
- Ethical problems related to the use of the internet/web. Legal aspects of internet use.
- E-learning and web technologies for education.
- Web 2.0 tools and their potential application.
- Final exam.