The knowledge of properties and characteristics of actuators relevant for their application is acquired.
- classify basic actuators groups
- describe importance and the application areas of actuators
- explain operation principles of actuators
- identify actuators characteristics
- compare actuators eficency
- select actuators for industrial purpose
Forms of Teaching
in two cycle; 6+5 lectureExams
an exercise at the end of each lecture ciklusLaboratory Work
Three labs in groups in department laboratory
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Comment:||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||60 %||20 %||60 %||20 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||20 %||20 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||20 %||20 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||40 %|
|Exam: Written||30 %||20 %|
|Exam: Oral||60 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic actuator classification (electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic)
- The importance and the application areas of actuators.
- Electromagnet as an actuator.
- Electrical motor as an actuator.
- Electrical starter.
- Parameters and characteristics of electromechanical actuators
- Midterm exam
- Characteristics of DC, synchronous, reluctance, inductor and hysteresis motors.
- Induction motors for automation.
- Brushless DC motor. Permanent magnet motors.
- Stepping motors.
- Nano actuators.
- Final exam
Control Engineering and Automation -> Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (Module)